The board encourages members in the various regions to organize a booster. The Society sponsors up to $500 for booster expenses (prizes and hospitality). The organizer(s) are encouraged to arrange for hospitality for members to get together and socialize during/after the booster – meet new people and renew friendships!
The purpose of the FCRSC “boosting” an event is to encourage people to enter their Flat-Coated Retrievers and participate in events. The FCRSC can hold boosters at performance and conformation events.
Who can apply to hold a booster?
Any FCRSC member in good standing.
How can a member apply to hold a booster?
– Identify the event that you want to boost (for example a well known sporting dog judge may be judging conformation at your local show or a club member may be judging obedience).
– Find out as much as you can about the event, judges etc.
– Complete the online application to hold a booster. Provide the details required (event date, location, prizes that will be offered, judge, contact person). Advise your Regional Director you have made the submission. This must be done well in advance of the event so that the booster can be approved and then advertised in the event premium list.
– The Regional Director (board member) will put forward the submitted booster application to the rest of the board at their next meeting.
– The FCRSC Recording Secretary will advise you whether or not your booster was approved.
Once your booster is approved
1. Contact the show giving club to let them know and give them the “blurb” that you want to appear in their premium list.
2. Let as many people as possible know about the booster (e.g. local flat-coat owners)
3. Inform the FCRSC newsletter editor and the FCRSC webmaster so that it can be advertised.
4. Prepare the prizes. It is up to the person/s arranging the booster to purchase the prizes.
Common prizes are plush toys, retriever training articles, dog cookies, etc. It is a good idea to make up labels for the prizes so that it is clear at the event which prize is which. The FCRSC will provide up to $500 per booster for prizes and hospitality combined.
At the event
1. Be sure to remind the ring steward of your booster BEFORE the judging starts.
Usually you will be asked to lay out the Flat-Coated Retriever Society of Canada prizes on the judge’s table before the judging starts.
2. Make sure that there is someone available to help give out the prizes as they are awarded.
3. Check the judge’s sheets at the end of the day and record the winners.
After the event
1. All monies, including rebates offered by all-breed clubs must be reported to the FCRSC Treasurer along with a statement of expenses incurred. The Treasurer will reimburse the organizer, for prizes and hospitality (up to $500 combined) where applicable.
2. The member organizing the booster shall send a brief report, including results, to the following people:
– Newsletter editor for publication in the Society’s newsletter
– Webmaster for inclusion on the web site
– The appropriate FCRSC regional director
Best of Breed, Best of Opposite, Best Puppy, Best of Winners, Winners Male, Winners Female, Reserve Winners Male, Reserve Winners Female.
Highest Qualifying Score earned by a Flat-Coated Retriever in Novice, Open and Utility and Highest Qualifying Score in Trial earned by a Flat-Coated Retriever.
Highest Qualifying Score Earned by a Flat-Coated Retriever, highest qualifying score in Excellent classes, Intermediate class, Novice A class and Novice B class.
Rally Obedience Events
Highest Qualifying Score earned by a Flat-Coated Retriever in Novice, Intermediate, Advanced and Excellent classes.